I'm Fletcher. I'm demisexual biromantic. I'm genderflux, possibly genderfluid. My pronouns are he/him/his. I'm a feminist. I have male and white privilege. I reblog a lot of feminism, bi-activism, X-Men, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, Teen Wolf, and other passions of mine. Creative Writing
Reblogged from nncharlesz
That is not a typo.
Reblogged from therainbowhub
When an undercover officer saw Monica Jones, a black transgender woman, walking down the street just a few blocks from her house, in an area that the officer described as being “known for prostitution,” that was enough to convince him that she intended to engage in prostitution. It was on that basis that he approached and stopped her.
In April of this year, Monica was convicted of violating this overbroad and vague law. Today she appeals that conviction, and the ACLU, along with other advocacy and civil rights organizations, filed a brief in support of her appeal.
We #StandWithMonica because transgender women of color should be able to walk down the street in their neighborhoods without being arrested, or worse, for simply being themselves.
When Walking Down the Street is a Crime. Chase Strangio, ACLU
Reblogged from starspangledsextape
"It appears Ive been called out. Apologies for my tardiness. Away w the fam and off the grid. Ive made my donation and will be iced in 48hrs"
Reblogged from tarantella-ragazza
- If you do not have chemical goggles, swim goggles will suffice and are easier to keep from confiscation.
- Keep a plastic baggie with a bandana/rag soaking in lemon juice or cider vinegar to take out and breathe through if you encounter tear gas
- Do not wear contact lenses without eye protection in tear gassed areas. You can go blind.
- You can use water, saline, milk, and a mix of Maalox (or other liquid antacids) and water to relieve burning in your eyes and mouth.
- Know your allergies. Tear gasses are derived from different chili peppers.
- Tear gas can aggravate breathing conditions, so bring your inhaler (in a plastic bag so it doesn’t get exposed).
- If you are pregnant exposure to tear gas can result in miscarriages and birth defects. If you are nursing, the toxins can transfer through breast milk.
- Do not swallow, try to spit and cough.
- Wear protective clothing to avoid burns.
- Children, the elderly, the immune-deficient, and the chronically ill are more susceptible to complications due to exposure.
Reblogged from chocolate-dandy
Slap them all in togas instead of suits and it would perfect
It also follows a pyramidal composition!
However, I would argue that this picture is more Baroque than Renaissance. Notable features of Baroque art are:
- Images are direct, obvious, and dramatic.
- Tries to draw the viewer in to participate in the scene.
- Depictions feel physically and psychologically real. Emotionally intense.
- Extravagant settings and ornamentation.
- Dramatic use of color.
- Dramatic contrasts between light and dark, light and shadow.
- As opposed to Renaissance art with its clearly defined planes, with each figure placed in isolation from each other, Baroque art has continuous overlapping of figures and elements.
- Common themes: grandiose visions, ecstasies and conversions, martyrdom and death, intense light, intense psychological moments.
In the baroque, artists strove to evoke aesthetic responses. Now I’m not talking about aesthetic as in “oh thats pretty” I’m talking about aesthetic like that punch in the gut reaction you get to something.
One of the ways this was done was through the depiction of intense emotion which we see in this photograph. compare to Bernini
The picture also displays a wonderful use of chiaroscuro (an effect of contrasted light and shadow created by light falling unevenly or from a particular direction on something) a style used extensively by Caravaggio and other Baroque artists.
I WAS THINKING THIS EARLIER AND I’M SO GLAD SOMEONE POINTED IT OUT
Reblogged from weddellsea
Tumblr on Ferguson: Here are first hand accounts of what’s happening, updated frequently, that show exactly how law enforcement are abusing their power
Facebook on Ferguson: Well I mean we don’t really know what’s going on in Ferguson so we shouldn’t judge the police.
Reblogged from churchofsterek
That is a magnificent shirt on him. That is also perfect hair on him. That is also a very cute face on him.
but the color of his lips though.
I didn’t have the emotional strength to comment on that, but yes. dat mouf